Monday, March 23, 2020

Silent Labour of love

My Granny shes loving and sweet Shes up and about at a quarter to six She does all her chores Before the house stirs Yetshe silently labored with a smile Silently yet patiently shes at the hot stove The heavenly smell of coffee brewing Just tickles the nose with all her toil While appams are rising and stews on the boil Yetshe silently labored with a smile The dishes she prepared was so fab Her Kormas,curries and fries were so rad the Puttu and dosa were heavens delight Many a time wed put up a fight Yet she silently labored with a smile I miss my dear Nana with all of my heart But I cherish her memories and all she taught Her duty she did without any fee She lives in my heart forever and free No Longershe silently labours with a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment