Monday, March 23, 2020

Airborne

I recall an instance so vivid and clear Its image in my mind not so much a blear I m taken back to a place and time When I was on the plane my first time My parents friends decided to take It upon themselves to watch over me And calm all my nerves, a herculean task As I moved, around screaming and yelling For my mom and dad whom I did not see They sang and tried all they could to cheer me But in vain for I was crying in pain Wanting to see those that I love As the plane soared high in the sky To console me they then began to lie Look out the window at the clouds Your family then youll see Floating high upon the clouds I looked down and lo below I saw my parents on a cloud They were so far below They didnt hear me shout I begged them not to leave me here Alas! They didnt even hear That all I wanted was them near When suddenly the clouds parted With it my parents departed Just like magic vanished in thin air Leaving me with bitter memories Of my first air borne day!

No comments:

Post a Comment