Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas 'n' Granny

Christmas revives memories of old
days when I was back in granny's fold.
She would be slaving all day long
weeks before the Christmas morn.
The little house all filled up high
with savouries, sweetmeats and fruity fries
that would fill our hearts with great delight.
The smells that permeated the airy room
luring loads of hungry hearts on Christmas night.
The house freshly painted in white
while the Christmas tree all colourful and bright
enshrouded the room with its fragrance so light.
The crib so deftly created by expert hands
which housed the Holy family and the three Wise men.
Presents all wrapped 'neath the tree
filling the hearts of all with glee.
And as the days went into months
which slowly passed by into years...
now, I've grown with a family of my own;
but I still reminisce about the days gone by,
when I spent christmas in granny's fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment